Saturday, March 3, 2007

Keep on Truckin (Busin in my case)

Hey, Just a brief update on my travels. I left Finca Llurimahua last week, which had an anticlimatic ending where I felt closure and the desire to return one day to this area where the communities there are really working hard to develop alternative, sustainable, viable, and local development for their futures. I traveled down to Cuenca, Ecuador, a beautiful city, and stayed with Kurt Dorfzaun, 82 and kind. He made me welcome in his house and gave me a moment to rest. From their I crossed the Ecuador, Peru border at Huaquillas, which amazingly went smoothly by taking CIFA international bus company. I have spent the last 3 days with my friend Kate in her volunteer site, a small town called Casa Blanqueada outside of Tumbes, Peru. The people there are incredibly friendly and open and kind and trying to improve their own community slowly but surely hopefully. Tomorrow is Purim and I will celebrate by going to the beach and celebrating there. I wish everyone out there in the world reading this a wonderful week and please write me so I can hear from you.

No comments: